A number of walls and canvases all over the world have been ablaze with sublime art expression in honour of A Tribe Called Quest.
The group which was formed in the mid-80s recently informed their fans and the general community that their musical journey will be coming to an end. To help cushion the effect of their retirement, they decided to give of themselves one last time in a project titled “We Got It from Here, Thank You 4 Your Service”.
West Africa joined the #ATCQ2016 movement with a stunning graffiti designed by Nigerian artist and musician, Myro. P.S this was done right in the premises of Vibe.ng headquarters!
View all the art from various continents below!
- GM of Sony Music West Africa, Michael Ugwu endorses #ATCQ2016
- With gratitude from Lagos, Nigeria.
- With love, from Warsaw Poland.
- Seattle says Thank You!
- Homage from Seoul, South Korea
- ATCQ love in Tokyo, Japan
- Greetings from Philly!
- With gratitude from Munich, Germany
- From Paris, with love
- Appreciation from Chicago
- Respect from Toronto, Canada
- Los Angeles will miss you!
- Australia says thank you for the music.
- With love, from Brooklyn
With 31 years down the line, 6 studio projects, a few solo ventures and one deceased member, it is no doubt that A Tribe Called Quest have been through all the motions and deserve a deafening ovation for their curtain call.
Fans and friends all over are saying thank you on social media platforms and you can join in with the hashtag #ATCQ2016.