Nigeria vs Iceland: Preview, Stats, and Match Predictions

The Volgograd Arena is set to come alive by 4 PM when the Super Eagles of Nigeria take on the Strákarnir okkar of Iceland in a do-or-die World Cup group stage match.

Nigeria will be going into the match following a horrible 2-0 defeat to Croatia and will not only be looking to redeem themselves but will also try to take advantage of Argentina’s surprising 3-0 defeat to Croatia yesterday, knowing that a win will place Nigeria in second place and up for qualification.

Iceland, on the other hand, are still the one unpredictable team in the competition that everyone lowkey fears because they are known to cause upsets. Having drawn 1-1 to Argentina in their first match, a victory for them will see them have one solid foot in the knockout stages, and a draw can still help them along the line, but they will be looking to avoid a defeat.

Nigeria has played Iceland once before in an international friendly back in 1981, which they lost 3-0.

However, pundits have given Nigeria a 34% chance of victory, Iceland a 34% chance of victory, and a 32% chance of a draw.

How do you think the match is going to play out? Drop your predictions in the comment section below.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply