Are you planning a new music video release and don’t know the best platform to upload to between Youtube and Vevo? Wondering if there’s a difference between Youtube and Vevo & which is the better of the two? Also not sure which of these platforms is more user-friendly, then this article is for you. In it, we’d be highlighting some of the most striking differences between YouTube and Vevo.
Without mincing words, the major difference between YouTube and Vevo is that; there is no limit to the type of content you can upload on Youtube. i.e. YouTube’s content doesn’t necessarily have to be a musical content. However, Vevo is solely for musical content.
Here are some key differences between YouTube and Vevo:
- Total ability to quickly and easily manage all parts of your channel at any time.
- Easy access to your uploads and also take down videos quickly.
- The ability to view, analyze and report your channel’s analytics is also guaranteed.
- You also have the opportunity to interact with your YouTube fans through likes, comments, and messages.
- For Vevo, you cannot update channel yourself, but you can have some files like your artist image, channel banner, social media links, a trailer video and other important contents updated through your distributor.
- Vevo makes you look more “legit” as an artist, although it doesn’t guarantee more exposure, but has more potential to go viral.
We hope that this article has cleared up the key differences between YouTube and Vevo, and will give you the direction you need when planning to release your next music video.
This article was originally published on FreeMe Digital Blog. Are you an artist looking to distribute your music online on all streaming platforms all over the world, contact FreeMe Digital today. Get Heard, Get Bought, Get Paid.