There’s a high rate of canned foods popping every second as literally almost everything is having a canned form from foods to meat to fruits and so on. No reasonable person in his/her right senses would say that can foods, or fruits or vegetables are better than fresh fruits and vegetables or foods.
The dangers associated to eating canned foods or even eating these foods directly from the can is more than the nutrition/enjoyment gotten from these foods. On that note here are a few dangers associated with foods stored in a can.
- Canned foods reduce the quality of the food and certain harmful preservatives are being used.
- The chemicals used in canned foods to preserve these foods are known to contain carcinogens thus could cause cancer.
- Aluminum cans are very dangerous to health as its accumulation in the body could lead to memory problems like Alzheimer’s.
- Most foods in cans are raw foods that are being heated after canning and thus this heating could cause the materials used in making the cans mixed with the foods in it.
- Bisphenol also known as BPA is used in the inner coating of most can foods, and this chemical is very harmful to the human health.
- Preserving canned foods after opening is usually harder than preserving fresh foods as it doesn’t take long before it spoils or get contaminated.
- Canned foods expire quickly due to the level of preservatives added.
Due to the high level of processed/canned foods these days it is recommended you limit the rate at which canned food is being consumed. Certain foods which can be gotten in its fresh form should be consumed.