The 2017/18 Champions League group stage matches will see different players going back to their former clubs, while rivals are going to clash horns once again in what is set to be one of the most entertaining group stage UCL round of matches ever.
Chelsea’s last time meeting Atletico Madrid didn’t end well and they are set to meet once more, especially with Diego Costa’s determination to rejoin the Spanish club hanging in the air, both matches will make for a very interesting encounter.
Tottenham have landed in the group of death, where they will play ex-Tottenham player Gareth Bale’s Real Madrid, as well as Borussia Dortmund and Apoel.
Manchester United have been handed the most favourable draw of the English clubs, while Manchester City and Liverpool will also be optimistic.
City’s toughest test will come against Napoli, but Pep Guardiola’s team will be expected to progress from Group F, which also includes Shakhtar and Feyenoord.
Last year’s runners up Juventus will look to revenge their bitter 2015 loss to Barcelona when they face in Group D.
- Group A Benfica, Man Utd, Basel, CSKA Moscow
- Group B Bayern Munich, PSG, Anderlecht, Celtic
- Group C Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
- Group D Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting
- Group E Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
- Group F Shakhtar, Man City, Napoli, Feyenoord
- Group G Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig
- Group H Real Madrid, Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL