Ramadan is the season of holiness and communing with Allah. Here are some tips to help you through the season:
1. Avoid whiling away time/sleeping all day: Some Muslims during Ramadan decide to while away the time by going on social media, watching movies, playing games or sleeping all day long. To them this helps alleviate the effect of the fasting, helps them avoid idle talk, gossiping, lying, quarreling etc. This, however, is not right-instead of whiling away time you can spend a better time of the day reading the Qur’an and reflecting on its message.
2. Overeating: Eating too much is bad, some Muslims eat everything and anything that they see during their pre-dawn meal (suhoor). They do this because they believe it will make them full and not hungry during the day. Do all things in moderation, avoid eating excessively.
3. Skipping pre-dawn food (Suhoor): Some Muslims prefer skipping suhoor for reasons best known to them. Some say they not like eating at that time. Eating suhoor is very important as it is a blessing.
4. Fasting and not praying: If you fast just because everyone one is fasting, without observing the five daily prayers, am sorry to say, you not doing the right way.
5. Stay away from temptations: Avoid anything that would spoil your fast. Ramadan is just a month out of twelve months. Fix your mind on the holiness of the season.
Have a blissful Ramadan Season.