The world may be preaching about obesity but there’s also the flip side of being underweight which has been largely neglected. I think it’s weird how the same way some people strive to burn calories and lose weight by regular visit to the gym and proper dieting is the same way a few others strive to gain a little weight. If only they could swap, most of them would wish.
Underweight people are at a risk of certain infections, illnesses and diseases. Should you fall into this category of anorexic people you need to find out healthy ways to gain weight.
- Rest – Proper rest is needed when trying to gain a required amount of weight. Try and get the body at rest in due time. Do not burn fat by trying to stay awake all night.
- High Fat and Carbohydrate intake: In order to gain weight, ensure you eat at least three meals per day and make sure you consume plenty healthy fats and carbohydrate.
- Consume more calories: As an individual who wants to gain more weight, you have to eat more calories than your body burns.
- High Protein Intake: Protein doesn’t only contribute in gaining height but also is an important nutrient for gaining weight. Protein forms the building blocks of your muscle. Consuming an adequate amount of protein is recommended to gain muscle weight rather than only fat Foods like meats, fish and dairy products contain high levels of protein.
- Exercise: Sure, exercise is recommended for people who are trying to burn calories and lose a certain amount of weight, but it could also be a quick one for people who are also trying to gain weight. Certain exercise programmes could be recommended for people trying to gain weight. These exercise aids in building muscles rather than only reducing fat. You could try visiting a gym in order to improve your strength.