You probably believe that there is no fact about the EPL that you don’t know. But trust me, there are players you idolise, and some that you watch every weekend without knowing the records they’ve made or broken.
Check out 13 crazy EPL facts you didn’t know.
- Only two players have scored Premier League penalties with both feet: Bobby Zamora and Obafemi Martins
- Ryan Giggs has been substituted more times than any other player (134). OK, it’s probably because he played for so long. But still…
- Mario Balotelli’s only assist in the Premier League was for Sergio Aguero’s title-winning goal vs QPR. Super Mario actually gifted Manchester City the trophy.
- Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale and Kevin Davies are the only players to score, assist and score an own goal in a single Premier League game.
- Bale, Proving why he is the second most expensive player in the world, took it a step further. He’s the only player from above to get a yellow card in the same game
- Man United have never lost a Premier League game at Old Trafford in which they have been ahead at half-time. A fact which exists largely thanks to Fergie and Fergie Time. I bet David Moyes and Luis Van Gaal aren’t looking so bad now. Right?
- The 2015/16 season was the first time West Ham recorded a positive goal difference in a top-flight season since 1985/86.
- Former England goalkeeper Paul Robinson has scored, assisted and won a penalty in the Premier League. He also has more Premier League assists than any other keeper (five)
- Only three players born after the Premier League began (August 1992) have scored Premier League hat-tricks: Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane and Romelu Lukaku.
- In 2014/15, Leicester City spent longer at the bottom of the table without being relegated than any side in Premier League history (140 days). The next year, they won the EPL!
- Wes Morgan (2015/16), John Terry (2014/15) and Gary Pallister (1992/93) are the only outfield players to play every minute of the season for a Premier League title-winning side.
- Peter Crouch has scored more headed goals (47) than 15 of the teams who have played in the Premier League.
- Nuri Sahin (formerly at Liverpool) has played the most Premier League games of any player to be substituted off in all of their PL appearances (7).
- Iago Aspas took more corners (often badly) than he had shots in the Premier League.
Surprisingly! Iago Aspas won the La Liga Player of the month for October 2017!