I’m not sure about you but I feel blessed to have walked the earth in the days and times of Wande Coal and to avoid my emotions splattering all over the place, I’ll just summarize why.
- His singing voice is out of this world
- He was a definitive member of the great Mo Hits (Keyword, definitive)
- He has one of the best albums to come out of Nigeria yet.
- He fell back on some senseless scandal and came up 10 times stronger.
- He is quite incapable of making a bad song
- A feature verse from him can revive a dead song
- And many many other amazing reasons
Anyway, I have decided to dedicate today’s Tuneback to when he had us all in our feelings with the jewel jam that is Ololufe.
Arguably the best Nigerian love song ever, Ololufe dropped in 2007 and I can bet you that quite a number of panties dropped with it too. Boys had the lyrics oozing out of their mouths and out of their car speakers as they wooed girls and the girls sapped and lapped it all up.Now that’s the great (albeit disruptive) power of a great song lmao.
My highest point of the song (besides the entire song) are the last couple of lines that have him asking his lover if she will be there for the long haul: from making money together to having kids together, to owning a house together, to dying together… Too sweet I tell you.
I’m quite mortified that this song never got a video but we will make do with the audio lai dat. Please click the play button below for a joyful ride down a 12-year memory lane. Oh, yeah, you’re welcome.😉
You should check these out: