On Friday the 8th of February 2019, the movers and shakers of the music industry will gather at The FreeMe Space to discuss the realities of music consumption, with an emphasis on how social media affects piracy.
The panel will be led by Chuey Chu ( content creator), in the company of Lola Oyedele (entertainment/media lawyer), Joey Akan (music journalist), Emem Ema (talent manager), Chinko Ekun (artiste), and Osagie John-Osarenz (talent manager/founder); all of whom will be lending their expert knowledge to the topic of discourse.
While you make up your mind about attending, here are 5 reasons to help you decide faster.
1. If you have any business with the music industry, you should be in the front row at this meeting, as the discussion will give insight to piracy and its evolution since the inception of social media.
2. Learn new tricks and tips to keep you ahead of your game as a musician, an A&R executive, a stakeholder or even as a random Nigerian engaging in any entertainment business in Nigeria.
3. You get the golden opportunity to trade ideas, rub minds and learn from many entertainment business experts.
4. What better way to spend a Friday evening than talking music business and sipping on the coldest of drinks while waiting out the demon that is Lagos traffic?
5. Who knows, maybe this is where you will locate the future boo you have been praying for 🤷…
Of course, these 5 reasons do not even scratch the surface of all the value that this event holds, but, you get the point.
Did I also mention that it is proudly supported by Vibe.ng?
Topic: The Realities Of Music Consumption in Nigeria- Is Social Media A Vehicle For Piracy?
Date: 8th February 2019
Time: 4 PM – 7 PM
Venue: The FreeMe Space, 16A Nike Art Gallery Road, Ikate. Lagos.
If you’d like to save a spot for yourself, please register by emailing your full name to Cynthia@freemedigital.com or call Mark on +234 (0) 9059814679.
See you there!